6/20/11

Lady Bug oh Lady bug

Well the time has come and passed all to quickly. I can not believe my baby is already 1!!! When did that happen? I think this time around it wasn't just exciting. It was also so sad for me as her mother. I believe she is my last baby...which means no more 1st birthday parties! =( Makes me so sad this year has flown by. The first weeks crept by so slow. Maybe it was because of all the pain I was in. Or maybe it was because of the lack of sleep, I just wanted a couple of hours of solid sleep. Or maybe it is because of everything. Plus, worrying if I was giving Emma-Leigh and Elly enough time with mommy! Whatever it was the first 2-3 weeks were so slow. But ummm hmmm where did the rest of the weeks go? The sad fact is true... the first child you have a camera in front of their every move and action. The second child there are less pics... you are busy with both... the 3rd child aahhhh ahhahahaaha well you are lucky you remember the camera half the time! Isn't that so sad! But I hope I have enough pictures that have captured all the fun and exciting...and the not so exciting moments so far. So my Molly girl is 1! The morning of her birthday which was also party day, we went in singing happy birthday. She LOVED every moment of that. She would clap and get all excited! I know the picture doesn't show it. But she did love it! I think we overwhelmed her a tad in the beginning!




I planned a ladybug party for her. The traditional red and black with bits of white here and there. It was a lot of fun to plan as it was challenging. Now days everything lady bug is all different colors... bleh! So having to come up with different ideas and putting twist on things. That was a lot of fun. First I made a balloon wreath. Black,red, and white. That was a bunch of fun. I used a straw wreath and kept the plastic on it. Greening pins and TONS of balloons. Put the pin in the middle of the balloon...then stick it on the wreath.. SUPER CUTE! If I say so myself. =)













Then came the little things around the house. From the suckers to the licorice to the flowers and balloons. If you have even been or seen one of my parties...you know I LOVE balloons. What is a birthday with out balloons? LOOVEEE them! My hubby was great and took a 4x4 piece of wood and drilled holes into it, painted it and did a great job. I used this to put suckers on display. The suckers were from oriental trading and came with custom stickers. M for molly and under it said Happy Bday Lil Lady! A nice little touch and of course red, black and white! =) I tied ribbon around the block of wood also to dress it up a tad! =)












Oh the Lady Bug cake. First off I knew when I asked someone to take my camera and take pics of EVERYTHING... I knew deep down that was a mistake! WHAT WAS I THINKING?? ugh live and learn right! Am I the only person that gets at least 3 shots of my cakes!? Front, back and overhead! Apparently! Sooo here is the cake. Everything is edible! The large lady bug is a 1/2 ball pan with fondant with black licorice antenna. The little lady bugs are fondant. This was the first time I worked with fondant. It was a lot easier than I thought and was kinda fun. Plus everyone said it was yummy so that helps! =) The little lady bugs were "buzzing" around. Ah it was soo soo cute!

 Molly's smash cake was a cute little thing too! Same as the main cake, had little lady bugs buzzing around. I painted a candle for her. I just couldn't find the candle I wanted. So why not make it!? Now I have what I want! Plus that was super easy and way cheaper. I found some online that wanted 9 (not including shipping) for a number 1 candle... REALLY??? I made mine for under 3!! Yep... thats the great thing about being creative! =)





For food we had croissant sandwiches for adults, PB&J's for kiddos, potato salad and fruit. Of course I had to rename all the food!! Thanks to my neighbor and her pretty hand writing we brought it together. She wrote them. I decorated them. I think they were super cute.










The kiddos did all kinds of buggy things. We planted flower seeds. I painted flower pots and put their names on them. They planted the seeds and took them home as part of their favors. We colored lady bug stands and some more buggy things. Then we did a bug hunt. This was suppose to be outside. But of course the weather had to be cold and windy. Just plain ol yucky. That put a damper on my day!! So we brought it inside and and the kiddos had magnify glass and had to "search" for bugs. They had a blast doing this. Now they would have had 1000000000x more fun doing it in the grass.... thanks mother nature!! =P








More of the favors, sugar cookies I made and decorated.



Then it was cake and gift time. Molly took her sweet time eating her cake. She never even  broke the actual cake. She only ate frosting. Now thats my girl! haha She loved it. She ate it for a while. But you wouldn't think so when she was done. Hardly anything was gone! haha I love that girl. So prissy!







Again, Thank you to everyone who came to her party. Everyone who came means so much to us and has such a special place in my heart. ((HUGS)) Molly enjoyed your company as well.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the lady bug theme! So cute!!! Your daughter is a doll!

    ReplyDelete