6/24/11

A tiny bit of freedom

I am trying to get better on letting go a little bit with the girls. I am in no way one of those moms who run to their kids when they scrape their knee. In fact I am the opposite. I tell them to get up dust it off and get back on the bike or whatever it is. No crying, you're fine! But I do hate to see them wonder too far from me. I am  a TINY bit paranoid about that. I don't know why, just am! But as of late I have been letting the girls ride their bikes around the street. I stand in the middle of the street to watch as they make their way back. They love doing this and it helps me a little bit. We need to work on looking where we are going. Especially Elly...oh my that girl! She doesn't look at the driveway. I am waiting for the day that she doesn't hear me say "Elly WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING" Really now... I am going to be in E.R. one day with that girl. LORD HELP ME!! She does it all with a evil little smile and a devilish giggle! Oh yes she is her mothers daughter! haha I can't deny her!

Emma-Leigh, that little girl of mine is getting so brave and so good on her bike. She stands up and rides it. She jumps off of it. She is a little devil on that thing. A neighbor down the street has 2 little boys and they do BMX riding. The mom even said Emmy would be so good at that. I hate to admit I think she is right. I just wonder if she would like it! I guess maybe in a year or 2 we can try it and see if she likes it. If so maybe she will be good at it. She is so excited to get off the training wheels. She wants to be grown up and show the big kids who have them how it is done. Ahhh I can't take this!! My girls are growing up so fast!!

Molly is really starting to take off. Her little arms are lowered now as she walks *sad face* no more E.T.!! She is starting to run... OH GOD IM IN TROUBLE! She is really living up to her hair when she was born. She still has that red head attitude. YES, BIIIIG trouble! She is a crack up! She definitely loves to do whatever big sisters are doing. I think she forgets how little she is compared to them. I hope when she gets a tad bigger, they can be oh so close. 

No one could have prepared me to be a mother. Yes, I listened to everyone's stories and just you waits. But no one can ever explain how special it is to be a mommy. Not only a mommy to one child. But to be able to be a mommy to my 3. I am beyond ecstatic, my heart over flows with love every moment. Those smiles, blue eyes and I love you mommy's get me every time. I wish I could turn back the clock and enjoy every moment all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment